With well over one billion users, Facebook is the biggest social media platform ever created. It goes without saying that if you are a business, online or offline, it is absolutely essential that you have a presence on the network and that you are engaging in Facebook Marketing.
There are two objectives for this post:
1) I want to give you Facebook Marketing Tips that will boost your online presence and which have helped me increase my Facebook brand presence and profitability.
2) I recently completed lots of facebook marketing tweaking and testing of what works for me and what doesn’t. I have also been testing how to minimize the time spent on Facebook Marketing whilst still providing the same or a higher level of engagement than ever before. I have created a strategy (or posting schedule if you like) which I will be implementing from this week and which I want to share with you. I hope these Facebook Marketing Tips help you to build on your own brand, by following a clear plan.
Please note that this article does not cover how to monetize Facebook- its really a Facebook Marketing guide for how to engage with your target audience, and increase the number of people liking your page (without you having to pay to get their “like”), interacting with you and sharing your content. I would also say that Facebook Marketing is just one of many ways of growing your brand and should therefore be used as part of a broad overall strategy for your business.
ENGAGEMENT AND CONSISTENCY – FACEBOOK MARKETING KEYS TO THE CASTLE
In the same way that any business needs a strategy and clear direction, your Facebook Marketing needs clear defined action steps. Its important to understand that engagement and consistency are critical. It is not the case that everything you post is seen by everybody in their individual feeds. Facebook uses an algorithm which determines what content gets seen in each of your fans respective news-feeds. This algorithm will change from time to time depending on when you read this post. But I believe that the general principle for Facebook Marketing will always stay the same – the more people who like, comment or share your content, the more visible your content will be in people’s feeds. The objective for your Facebook marketing therefore is to provide valuable content that people enjoy, want to engage with and share with others.
One quick thought about the content that you choose to post during your Facebook Marketing campaign. If you really believe in your message, product or service then people will feel it. It will become much easier for you to provide content that people enjoy, because you clearly also enjoy it and people are naturally drawn to enthusiasm. Facebook Marketing is easy when you enjoy what you are doing and believe in the message you are spreading.
“You are here for a purpose. There is no duplicate of you in the whole wide world. There never has been, there never will be. You were brought here now to fill a certain need. Take time to think that over.” – Lou Austin.
Here is my planned Posting Schedule for my personal Facebook Marketing. Please always keep testing and adapting your schedule because what works for one industry may not work for another. I hope this schedule helps with your own Facebook Marketing.
Monday 8am – Post a question designed to engage your audience such as “What are your plans for this week/today etc
Monday 7pm – Post a free instructional video and ensure that there is a call to action at the end of it. Ask for likes and shares.
Tuesday 8.30am – Share a blog post from a leader within your target audience industry and ask your readers to let you have their thoughts or opinions, likes and shares.
Tuesday 7.30pm – Make a post about your business or opportunity without a “hard sell” or make an offer through Facebook’s Offer or Event option.
Wednesday 8.00am – Share one of your blog posts that are relevant to your target audience and ask for comments, likes and shares.
Wednesday 7.00pm – Create a poll by asking your audience a question which is current/relevant. You can use the feedback to improve your service and business.
Thursday 8.30am – Make a post about your business or opportunity without a “hard sell” and use a picture. Try to engage your audience by asking their opinion.
Thursday 7.00pm – Ask a question to engage your audience – “What has been your greatest achievement today?”
Friday 8.00am – Post a Blog post about a current hot topic and ask for people’s opinions and comments to engage your audience.
Friday 7.30pm – Post a fun picture, relevant quote or video that shows some of your own personality. Avoid anything that is potentially offensive to others or could be perceived to be offensive. Ask people to like, comment or share your content.
Saturday 8.30am – Post an update about your product, service or opportunity or do so with the Facebook Offer or Event option for greater impact.
Saturday 7.00pm -Post a free tutorial video that you have prepared with a clear call to action at the end.
Sunday 9.00am – Ask a question to engage your audience such as “what are you doing this Sunday?”
Facebook Marketing Fan Page/Profile Tips
1) Login every day and check your notifications. If people have commented on your page or responded to status updates then always like and respond and try to build further engagement where possible by asking open ended questions.
2) Follow your Facebook Marketing Posting Schedule each day and lead with value at all times. When you do post about your business or opportunity do so in a way that provides potential value and is not a “hard sell”. Remember, lead with value. Keep testing your posting schedule to get the best engagement from your content at all times.
3) Join 3-5 groups which are within your target audience and actively participate in them by providing value and contribution. Do not try to “sell” in them. You are effectively Facebook Marketing when you regularly contribute to the groups as people will begin to recognise your name or brand and this will likely lead to them checking out your page.
4) Reply to any emails that are sent to you as soon as you can and seek to build relationships with them by asking questions and being genuinely interested in them. Building relationships is one of the cornerstones of Facebook Marketing. Again, the emphasis here is on providing value and not trying to sell your product or service.
5) Create custom tabs on your Facebook page – this has been something that can greatly increased your lead generation. These are highly effective at generating leads on auto-pilot.
6) Explode your Facebook Marketing by using Facebook advertising including promoted posts to increase your likes
7) Choose around 10 Facebook Fan Pages which have the same target audience as you and actively participate in them. Many Fan Pages have a significant numbers of fans with each post generating thousands of likes and hundreds of comments and shares. If you comment and provide genuine value and seek to interact with other fans then they will likely check out your page. This is highly effective Facebook Marketing and works well.
Have a wonderful day my friends!
Do you have a question? Ask it at: jaminjackson.com/questions